Discussion in 'Fan Forum - Random Thoughts' started by Terp, Mar 10, 2020.
Thanks for proving my point again
After failing repeatedly in court to overturn election results, President Trump is taking the extraordinary step of reaching out directly to Republican state legislators as he tries to subvert the Electoral College process, inviting Michigan lawmakers to meet with him at the White House on Friday.
Mr. Trump contacted the Republican majority leader in the Michigan State Senate to issue the invitation, according to a person briefed on the invitation. It is not clear how many Michigan lawmakers will be making the trip to Washington, nor precisely what Mr. Trump plans to say to the lawmakers.
The White House invitation to Republican lawmakers in a battleground state comes as the Trump campaign has been seeking to overturn the results of the election in multiple states through lawsuits and intrusions into the state vote certification process, and as Mr. Trump himself has reached out personally to at least one election official in Michigan, a Wayne County canvass board member, Monica Palmer.
Some members of Mr. Trump’s team have promoted the legally dubious theory that friendly legislatures could under certain scenarios effectively subvert the popular vote and send their own, pro-Trump delegations to the Electoral College.
That endgame falls right into Nancy Pelosi’s lap.
This is something that's been speculated as a possibility for a couple months now. And it's also one of those things that I'd like to think even most of Trump's biggest supporters would recognize this as wrong and un-American and a slap to the face of democracy. But I'm not stupid enough to think that's how these people will actually view it and it's just so fucked up.
To make a silly comparison, it's like when I watch a football game and I'm watching the Browns vs. Steelers and the Browns are my team. And at some point in the game, the Steelers get called for pass interference but when you look at the replay it's very clear that it was a bullshit call even though it was in my team's favor. In that case I'd be like "eh, I don't like that call, I wouldn't want that to be called the other way around".
Not to me. @Ldlife opinion is life was better in 2000-2008. He quoted my post of comparison from Obama to Bush and stated I was wrong. I merely showed him that, while we have problems, yes, life wasn't better or worse now.
That is the whole argument, not an unnecessary distinction.
I don't know why he quoted me. Had he just stated his opinion, I probably would have just stated the above and moved on. BUT he is the one who wanted to bring my post into the equation when it had nothing to do with his argument, apparently.
Is it possible for someone to die of embarrassment?
TMZ bringing the important news to America!
Dude what are you doing lol you know it’s never going to end, ever.
I think he likes it. Gives him something to do.
He’s fucking leaking.
"If I nominate Trump, my ass will get destroyed...and I will deserve it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
- Lady G
Fuck's sake you get off being pedantic don't you. You do realise one's maturity and "adulthood" wildly varies depending on their life experience? I mean we have someone as the POTUS who acts more like a child than my 3 year old nephew for fuck's sake.
Give it a fucking break man.
Take your own advice. Its cute you're so focused on me
Not to get involved in whatever argument was going on regarding age/maturity, but when I was 17, 99.7% of my brain function was dedicated to baseball, skiing, (unsuccessfully) pursuing punani, and jerking off without getting caught. The other 0.3% was dedicated to schoolwork, basic bodily functions, and remembering to brush my teeth. Ha
Yeah. I was a mom and struggling with adult life with little income, no insurance, and on welfare. I was paying attention to political climate closely.